David started his training in Los Angeles, California, under Master Rorion, Royce, and Grand Master Helio Gracie.
This is where he was specifically taught how to instruct the art of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, by literally putting in thousands of hours.
David was one of the few who was equipped with the fighting aspect of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu by being prepared extensively for the “Gracie challenge” with many fortunate private classes with Helio Gracie.
David has helped Law Enforcement and Military personnel from around the U.S., such as L.A.P.D., Special Forces Army Rangers (receiving the honorary Ranger coin) and Navy SEALs,D.E.A., FBI, Delta Force and other government agencies.
David took on more challenges by studying under such great professors and coaches as the Machado brothers. This is where he furthered his teaching and Jiu-Jitsu skills. The Machado’s, being some of the finest technical fighters and coaches Gracie Barra has ever produced, continue to strive forward for their students and the art. The Machado’s have given David the skills of today’s challenging Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu competition by leading him to become a Pan-American gold medalist champion.
- David has been on the front cover of Inside Kung Fu Magazine with Rorion Gracie, December 1995.
- David has been in the music video “Attitude” by Sepultura with Royce, Rorion, Helio and Relson Gracie. The video was based upon Royce in the U.F.C. (Ultimate Fighting Championship).
- David has trained the Denver Nuggets Cheerleaders in 2003
- David also was the lead bad guy in the short film movie called “Contend” in 2005. The movie was based on a Gracie Barra Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu fighter.
- David also did a sports special in Denver on Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and his academy that appeared on Telemundo, in 2005.
Certified CPR/AED Holder
- Grapplers Quest gold medal champion
- 2001 Pan-American of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu gold medalist champion
- American International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Championships gold medalist champion.
- Relson Gracie Hawaii Tournament 1996 silver medalist
- 3 X Grapplers Quest medalist
- 3 X Pan-American medalist